Order hard copy editions of Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research by mail
Proceedings of the 1983 Conference on Entrepreneurship at Babson College
Center For Entrepreneurial Studies
Wellesley, Massachusetts 02157
JOHN A. HORNADAY
JEFFRY A. TIMMONS
KARL H. VESPER
University of Washington
THE BACKGROUND OF ENTREPRENEURS
1. Entrepreneurs and their Enterprises: A Stage Model, Neil C. Churchill
2. Capturing Twenty-One Heffalumps, John A. Horaday and Nancy B. Tieken.
3. Type of Entrepreneur, Type of Firm, and Managerial Innovation: Implications for Organizational Life Cycle Theory, Norman R. Smith and John B. Miner.
4. Faculty Startups from Schools Without Entrepreneurship Courses, Karl H. Vesper and Joe Crosswhite.
5. The Anatomy of a High Tech Service Venture: Roadmap to Entrepreneurship for the Aspiring Manager, Daryl G. Mitton..
6. Business Planning in the Startup High-Technology Enterprise, Edward B. Roberts.
7. Entry Strategies in the Robotics Industry, William B. Gartner and Kenneth J. Burger.
8. A Network Method in the Management of Innovative Startups, Burton V. Dean.
9. Differentiating Between Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners in New Venture Formation, Frank Hoy and James W. Carland, Jr.
10. A Comparison of Franchisees and Independent Entrepreneurs, Russell M. Knight.
11. The Effects of Stress on Early-Stage Entrepreneurs, David P. Boyd and David E. Gumpert.
12. The Decision Not to Become An Entrepreneur, Robert C. Ronstadt.
13. Comparative Entrepreneurship Characteristics of Students: Preliminary Results, Donald L. Sexton and Nancy B. Bowman.
14. Who Are the Howard Self-Employed?, Howard H. Stevenson.
15. The Woman Entrepreneur: Implications of Family Educational, and Occupational Experience, Robert D. Hisrich and Candida Brush.
16. The Female Entrepreneur: Her Background and Determinants of Business Choice - Some British Data, Jean M. Watkins and David S. Watkins.
17. The One That Got Away: A Study of Ventures Rejected by Venture Capitalists, Albert V. Bruno and Tyzoon T. Tyebjee.
18. 'The Capital Gap for Technical Entrepreneurs, Judith H. Obermayer.
19. The Flow of Venture Capital to Highly Innovative Ventures, Jeffry A. Timmons, Norman D. Fast, and William D. Bygrave.
20. Taplin & Montle Development Fund: A Case Study in Finance, William E. Wetzel, Jr.
21. Informal Risk Capital in California, Elna B. Tymes and 0. J. Krasner.
22. Financing The Start of a Small Enterprise, William C. Dunkelberg and Arnold C. Cooper.
23. Some Major Issues in Internal Corporate Venturing, Zonas Block.
24. How Corporate Start-Up Ventures Fare? Edwin L. Hobson and Richard M. Morrison.
25. Interorganizational Cooperation: A Potential Resource for New Venture Development, Roger W. Hutt.
26. Implications of the Stevenson-Wydler Technology Innovation Act of 1980 Public Law 96-1180, R. M. Colton and G. G. Udell.
27. Public Policy Affecting Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital, and Technology, Gerald L. Feigen.
28. the Small Innovation Development Act: Educational Entrepreneurship,. Bruce A. Kirchhoff).
29. New Technology-Based Firms: Critical Location Factors, Ann E. Freedman.
30. Entrepreneurial Activity: A Comparison of Three North Carolina Communities, Douglas W. Schell).
INTERNATIONAL VENTURE DEVELOPMENT
31. Comparison of New Technology-Based Firm Formation in Sweden and Massachusetts, James M. Utterback, Edward B. Roberts, Marc Meyer, Andrew Martin, and Dorothy Leonard-Barton.
32. Supporting New Venture Development: The Experience of Swedish Regional Development Funds, Clas Wahlbin.
33. Interpersonal Communication Patterns Among Swedish and Boston-Area Entrepreneurs, Dorothy Leonard-Btirton.
|Return to Babson College
Main Home Page
(c)1996 Babson College. All rights
reserved. Last updated 16 January 1997
Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research are available online
Material published on this web site is copyrighted by Babson College.
U.S. and international copyright laws protect such material. All rights reserved.
1981-1993 contains only Table of Contents. Abstracts only are available for papers published in 1994
Full text of papers available 1995 - 2005
Some special and foreign characters may not appear as in the printed text due to display characteristic of the browser.
© Babson College 1995. All rights reserved.